Effective Date January 1, 2022.
This Website is intended for users residing in the contiguous United States, Alaska, and Hawaii.
- Scope of the Policy
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- How We Store and Protect your Information
- Your Rights and Choice Regarding Your Data
- Third Party Links and Behavioral Tracking
- Children’s Data
- Contact Us
1. Scope of the Policy
This policy applies to all visitors to this Website and all services, including any apps, websites, features, and other services. Please remember that your use of this website is also subject to our Terms and Conditions.
2. Information We Collect
A. Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide on our Website, such as your name, telephone number, email address, physical address, date of birth or other personal information shared by you. Please note that we do not collect any unique identifiable information about you except when you specifically and knowingly share such information with us.
When you use the Website or interact with us, we may collect any information that you share with us as a part of such interactions, including your responses to the survey questions and the content of the messages and/or attachments you may send us. When you take a survey on our Website, we may ask questions related to your legally protected characteristics and employment information, as defined under CCPA, including without limitation, your employment status, medical condition and genetic information. Please note that your entry in the sweepstakes is subject to our Methods of Entry.
B. Information We Collect When You Use the Website
Below are examples of the types of information that we collect. The IP Address is an identifier that is collected indirectly from your site activity. The remaining categories of information are collected either indirectly from your site activity, or from you directly. We may collect other information not included in the examples below.
- Information collected from our web server so that we can improve the overall quality of your online experience. This includes information such as device type, user agent, referring URL.
- We collect this non-personally identifiable information when you access the Website irrespective of whether you register with the Website or not.
- Information collected from interactions with our website, such as website impressions and clicks.
- Information collected from Cookies, including whether a user has previously visited our website.
The Website assigns an anonymous ID number to any requests made by you through the Website and links the following additional data to that number: the date and time you visited the Website and the links you choose to click. We collect and store this anonymous user information using log files and use the information to analyze and examine trends, monitor your movements, administer the Website, and collect wide ranging demographic information for aggregate use. The Website may present links in a format that enables us to understand whether they have been followed. We use this information to understand and improve the quality of the Website.
The information collected by us can be categorized as follows
- Identifiers: This category includes information that we can use to identify a user such as your name, email address, telephone number, physical address, and internet protocol (IP) address.
- Internet or other similar network activities: This category includes information that helps us know more about your interaction with our Website, your operating systems and network service falls under this category. The information collected under this category includes, without limitation, interaction data such as impressions and clicks on the Website, your browser name, browser version, device type, user agent, referring URL, operating system, and version.
- data: Information about the location of your device.
- Legally Protected Characteristics: This category includes, without limitation, information about your gender, medical condition and genetic information
- Information: This category includes, without limitation, information about your employment status and employment history.
The types of cookies we use on the Website include the following
I. Persistent cookies: Persistent cookies, also known as ‘permanent’ cookies, are data files that enable websites to remember your choices whenever you visit the browser. The information collected through such cookies is stored on your system for an extended time until such cookies reach their expiration date or when such information and/or cookies are manually deleted
II. Session cookies: Sessions cookies, also known as ‘temporary’ cookies, store data temporarily and delete it on completion of the session or when the web browser is closed.
When we use third-party services and data analytics tools like Google Analytics, SDKs, and other third party technologies, such third party service providers may place cookies or other tracking technologies to collect & process information based on your use of the Website. Please note that we do not control, manage, or supervise the use of tracking technologies by such third-party services. For more information on data collection and processing practices employed by such third-party service providers, please refer to their respective privacy policies
3. How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Provide customer support;
- Improve the Website;
- Prevent and detect fraudulent activities;
- Enforce the terms of the Agreement; and
- Respond to legal proceedings and obligations.
Communicate With You.
Provide Customer Support.
We work hard to offer the best user experience possible, including providing you with the required support. To do this, we may use your personal information to:
- Assist you in resolving queries or concerns you have regarding the Website; and
- Provide support and/or respond to your requests.
Improve the Website.
We are constantly working to improve your experience while using the Website and provide new features that can be of help to you. To do this, we may use your personal information to:
- Monitor the use of the Website, generate related reports to perform research, testing, and analysis;
- Enhance your experience by developing new products, features, partnerships, and services;
- Analyze and fix error reports and prevent, find, and resolve any software or hardware related bugs and issues; and
- Monitor, improve and develop our security practices, algorithms, and other modeling operations and processes.
Prevent and detect fraudulent activities.
We may use the information collected on the Website to prevent and detect any misuse of unauthorized access to or fraudulent activities on the Website.
Enforce the terms of the Agreement.
We may use your personal information to enforce our rights under the Agreement whether in case of violation of any terms of this Agreement or otherwise.
Respond to Legal Proceedings and Obligations.
We may use your personal information to respond to occasional demands or obligations that may be imposed on us by the law, government entities, or other regulatory bodies regarding the services we seek to provide.
4. How We Share Your Information
Sharing With Third-Parties for Business Purposes.
We may share aggregated general information about the Website with our corporate partners, affiliates and/or others. Aggregated information does not contain any personally identifiable information that could be used to identify or contact you.
We may also share your personal information with other entities or individuals in any of the following limited circumstances
- We may store, and process personal information collected on our Website in any country in which Company or its agents maintain facilities. We use appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to ensure security of information in cross-border transfers. By using the Website, you consent to the transfer of your information among these facilities, including those located outside your country of residence.
- We may share your information with third party service providers to serve ads and emails on behalf of us. Such third-party service providers may use technologies to measure the effectiveness of advertisements and emails and use information about your visits to the Website in order to enable us to provide you with a better experience. For this purpose, we may also provide these third-party service providers anonymous information about your navigation through the Website. If you wish to stop receiving emails, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by following the instructions at https://theamericansweepstakes.com/unsubcribe.html>
- We may share certain information about you with carefully selected business partners, including those who may offer services that complement those provided by us or which we believe may be of interest to you. We may share your email address with our preferred emailing partner and/or your postal mailing address with our preferred direct mailing partner(s) for the purpose of sending third party promotional email and/or direct mail communications.
- We may also disclose your information to third parties who assist and enable us in providing our services to you. For example, we may use third party services to make improvements on our site, to offer new products and services and to allow us to customize the experience offered on the Website as per your preference.
We may share and/or sell certain information about you collected on the Website with carefully selected advertisers, marketing and telemarketing partners (Business Partners) and service providers for which we may be compensated. Such Business Partners may offer services that complement those provided by us or which we suppose may be of interest to you. We will share your information with our telemarketing partners only where we have obtained your prior express consent. Please be informed that Business Partners may use your personal information to market products and services to you. When we share and/or sell your information, we enter into an agreement that describes the purpose for which such information is shared/sold, restricts its use to the purpose specified in the Agreement and requires the Business Partners to ensure that your information remains confidential, and protected from unauthorized disclosure.
For Legal Reasons.
We may share your personal information in response to a legal obligation, or if we reasonably determine that sharing your personal information is necessary or appropriate to:
- Ensure compliance with any and all applicable federal, state, or local law(s) or regulation(s), and cooperate with and respond to law enforcement agencies for any civil, criminal or regulatory inquiry, investigation or legal processes such as a search warrant, subpoena, summons, or court order, or enforceable governmental request(s); or
- Exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm to our rights, property, interests, or safety and/or your or third-parties’ rights, property, interests, or safety, as required or permitted by law.
- Enforce the terms of this Agreement.
In Connection With a Sale or Merger.
If we are involved in a corporate restructuring transaction, such as a merger, reorganization or sale of our assets, we may share your personal information while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control under such a transaction.
Otherwise With Your Consent.
In addition to the above-mentioned purposes, we may, with your permission or upon your direction, disclose your personal information for purposes such as interaction with third parties among others.
5. How We Store and Protect your Information
We retain your information only for such time as may be necessary to provide you with our products and services, for other purposes summarized in the “How We Use Your Information” section above and where such retention is legally permissible.
6. Your Rights and Choice Regarding Your Data
A. All Users.
Review and Request Changes.
To review and request changes to your personal information collected on the Website, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can opt-out from receiving our commercial or promotional emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in those messages. Please note that we will continue to send you transactional and relational emails regarding your use of the Website.
You can modify your cookie settings on your browser. However, if you delete or choose not to accept our cookies, you may miss out on certain features of the Website. To know more about cookies and how to manage cookies, please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
You can opt-out of receiving push notifications by modifying the permission settings of your device.
“Do Not Track” Signals.
Certain browsers may offer you a “Do Not Track” (DNT) option, which allows you to send signals to operators of websites, web applications and services that you do not want them to track your online activities. At present, our servers do not respond to DNT signals sent by browsers.
B. California Residents.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with the additional rights listed below.
Right to Know.
You have the right to know what personal information we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of your personal information collected by us
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The purpose (business or commercial) for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information in the last 12 months; and
- The specific components of your personal information we have collected.
Right to Delete.
Subject to the following exceptions, you have the right to request us to delete the personal information we have collected from or about you. There are a number of exceptions, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction(s);
- Provide you with goods or services;
- Perform obligations under a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
You have the right to request that we do not sell your personal information. Please click here so that we can process your request in an efficient manner. Please note that we do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without legally required affirmative authorization.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights.
You can exercise your rights directly or choose to appoint an authorized agent to represent you and to communicate with us. Please note that you can only exercise your rights twice in a twelve-month period. To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us using the following method:
You may fill out a Webform to exercise rights. Please ensure that you include your full name, e-mail address, and phone number, along with your reason for writing, to enable us to efficiently process your request.
To exercise your rights, please email us at email@example.com include details such as your full name, email address, residential address, and phone number, along with your reason for writing, to enable us to process your request in an efficient manner.
Please note that in certain circumstances, we may request for additional information to verify your identity and any information shared by you for verification purposes shall only be used for the said purpose and not be shared with any third party.
We try to respond to a consumer request(s) for access or deletion of information within 45 days of receiving it. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. In any case, the total period required to respond to your request shall not exceed 90 days from the date of receiving the request.
- Shine the Light: As per the provisions of Section 1798.83(a) of California Civil Code, if a California resident’s personal information is shared by us with third parties for direct marketing, they can request us to disclose the names and addresses of third parties with whom such personal information was shared and the categories of personal information revealed to such third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year.
You can exercise this right only once in a calendar year. To exercise your right, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will do our best to address your request within 30 business days of receiving it.
C. Nevada Residents
The Nevada law (SB 220) grants residents of Nevada the right to opt-out of the sale of covered data, as defined under that law, to third parties who may further choose to license or sell that data. If you are a Nevada resident and wish to exercise this right, you can submit a verifiable request to us at email@example.com To the extent we engage in the sale of your data, as defined under the said law, we will process your request within 60 days from the day of its receipt, and where we require more time to process your request, we may extend the said timeline by an additional period of 30 days.
We may revise this privacy notice from time to time as implementing regulations further develop and come into effect.
7. Third Party Links And Behavioral Tracking
Third Party Links.
The Website may contain links or offers to third-party products or services. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies that govern their use. We shall not be responsible or liable for the content and activities of these third-party sites. You agree that your interaction with any third-party is at your own risk.
Third Party Information Gathering.
- Google Analytics - https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- Google Tag Manager - https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
- Google reCaptcha - https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Bing Tracking - https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
- Trusted Form- https://activeprospect.com/privacy-policy/
- Lucky Orange- https://www.luckyorange.com/privacy.php
8. Children’s Data
Our Website is intended for users who are, 18 years or older and are eligible to enter into a legally binding contract with us and not be barred from doing so under any applicable laws; or for users who are 13 years or older and have parental or guardian's consent to the Agreement. The Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you are affirming that you are at least 18 years old.
We reserve the right to update this policy from time to time as the Website changes and the applicable privacy laws evolve. If we update the policy, we will do so online. By using the Website, you are agreeing to the most recent terms of this policy.
10. Contact Us
For any queries or concerns about your privacy or anything in this policy, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org .